Monday, May 7, 2012

I want to get a hair cut , but i have long/curly/thick hair that frizzes up when its too short.. any

any ideas on a hair cut that wont frizz/poof up my long/thick/curly hair that when is cut too short poofs up and frizzes??



I want to get a hair cut , but i have long/curly/thick hair that frizzes up when its too short.. any ideas????

dont cut it short



I want to get a hair cut , but i have long/curly/thick hair that frizzes up when its too short.. any ideas????

I'm assuming that "joe" means you're a guy, and guys usually want the easier and cheaper route, not the time-consuming and expensive daily thing. So, if you're not against some chemical services, you could consider a mild relaxer, which will really show its benefit when the hair is shorter.



Beyond that, a talented stylist will know how to cut divisions, or "thinning" sections into the hair structure to soften the binding effects of tight curl segments, so they aren't as obvious. Gives a softer effect and looks more casual.



Regular conditioning with a conditioner that has stearyl or cetyl alcohol can help keep the hair soft, even in situations where it would frizz up. Many health advocates are avoiding the common products that contain dimethicone or siloxanes, since they feel they might be toxic if/when absorbed by the body. But the stearics and cetyls -- easy to find and cheap -- are fatty alcohols that lubricate the hair -- they do not dry it at all. Many people use them after chemical services, but anyone can use them, especially to smooth out those frizzes.



You also may find that when your hair is short, it frizzes less, since your own natural oils will have more of a chance to lubricate your hair. Just be careful to not shampoo too often: once a day, or even once every other day is fine, unless you wear lots of gels and sprays in your hair.



Good Luck... :)



I want to get a hair cut , but i have long/curly/thick hair that frizzes up when its too short.. any ideas????

Read the book "Curly Girl". Do EXACTLY what she says even though you won't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it 3 weeks and your halo will become mermaid curls. I swear! Only use "hair color by Robert Craig". It's the only one gentle for curly hair.



I want to get a hair cut , but i have long/curly/thick hair that frizzes up when its too short.. any ideas????

I have the same type of hair and ran into the same problem as you for years. I'd suggest investing in a straightener to help smooth at least the top layer of your hair.



I use a Revlon ceramic style straightener every day on the highest heat setting, and it works fine. For more body I only straighten the top layer, and if I want to wear it really straight I start underneath and straighten individual layers.



On high heat, it really doesn't take too long and I've been able to experiment with the shorter styles I was never able to pull off before.

No comments:

Post a Comment